In this video I show how I screwed the sink into place on the worktop, using the supplied fixings, demonstrate a silly design flaw in my inverter, and go into further detail about the Propex heater installation, looking at the exhaust and air inlet pipe routing through the floor of the van. This involved drilling holes in the van floor – a nervewracking experience!
A video about installing a Propex HS2000 LPG heater into my DIY campervan. Rather than bolt it to the floor as most people do, mine ended up on a shelf above the nearside wheelarch, for reasons I explain in the video.
This is an update video really, partly showing the hole I cut in the kitchen worktop for the combined Smev 9722 hob and sink unit and partly giving a demonstration of the bed/seat/storage system. I also show the water storage under the sink again, repeating myself from the last vlog because I’m old and forgetful – sorry!
This was originally part of the last video but together than went on a bit too long hence me splitting it into two parts. In this then, I continue describing how I’m building the furniture for the campervan including a bed that is also a seating and storage area. Plus I show the water storage, gas locker and heater areas.
Using lengths of “planed straight edge” wood and a load of screws and wood glue, I began to assemble loads of boxes would would form the units for my van. To begin with I made the bed and later went on to the kitchen. To my great surprise, I used pine cladding.
Despite a slight cold (incidentally, this vlog was filmed in mid-April; I’m much better now) I cut the vinyl floor for the campervan and then began working on the wooden structures for the internal furniture. The flooring went well, the furniture did not.
An episode in which I attempt to glue Veltrim vehicle carpet onto one of the campervan walls and get very frustrated at how it won’t go round double-angled corners without needing to be cut. Unless I’m just an utter numpty of course, which is entirely feasible.
On a rare and random nice day I installed the first of the bonded side windows into the campervan. It went pretty well, especially given how big the window is. A fellow boater stood next to me as I popped the window in place in case it slipped but all was fine. Then I did some beginning work on the ceiling and screwed down the 12mm plywood floor.
After the efforts shown in the last vlog, I was not happy about the panel gaps in my new campervan floor – so I bought a load more plywood and re-cut them, using the “almost right” ones as a starting point. In this video, I describe this process in probably excruciating detail.
A vlog in which I cover myself liberally in cobwebby spray adhesive as I try to stick foil-wrapped bubblewrap onto the walls of my Toyota Proace van in order to form a moisture barrier. I also cut up some wooden battens for the floor and begin to map out where to put them.