After the efforts shown in the last vlog, I was not happy about the panel gaps in my new campervan floor – so I bought a load more plywood and re-cut them, using the “almost right” ones as a starting point. In this video, I describe this process in probably excruciating detail.
Essentially I just traced around the “almost right” panels but then went back over the areas where it wasn’t quite right and with a bit of freehand sketching (not the best way, admittedly), re-drew some of the corners. I also re-measured the lengths and re-marked them on the new sheets.
Frustratingly, the new ones still weren’t perfect but I did at least remember to use the factory-cut edges as the main straights, leaving the curved cut edges (such as around the wheelarch) as the parts I cut with the jigsaw.
By and large, this floor will suffice and seems to be pretty much flat so I’m going ahead with it.
If you enjoyed this video and fancy buying me a cuppa, you’re very welcome to pop along to www.paypal.me/CruisingTheCut with many thanks indeed (and of course, no pressure should you not wish to!)
Products and tools used (Amazon affiliate links)
Heater unit: https://amzn.to/2LuqQ0d
Portable toilet: https://amzn.to/2s8oewO
Sink / hob: https://amzn.to/2INDF42
DeWalt jigsaw: http://amzn.to/2Ec7NaT
DeWalt drill: http://amzn.to/2E9Q6sD
DeWalt mitre saw: https://amzn.to/2s8tWiv